As a deck builder, you know that success doesn’t come easy. It takes dedication, hard work, and strategic planning to make your business thrive. However, you can’t just rely on hard work and dedication alone. That’s why marketing is a game-changer for your business. It’s a powerful tool that can help you maximize your time, resources, and mental well-being to accelerate growth and boost your bottom line. And, it can be the difference between simply creating a job for yourself and truly becoming a successful business owner.
But first, let’s be honest. Marketing is more than just posting on social media. It involves connecting with potential customers and building relationships with them. Before investing in tactics like a professional website or social media ads, it’s important to understand how marketing can pay off in the long run for your business. This is because when done right it takes time, energy, and investment to make a significant impact (all of which are very valuable resources).
Let’s dive in and check out the top five reasons why marketing can pay off big time for your business!
1. Boost your visibility and leads to keep those phones ringing
It’s important to have a reputable and recognizable brand. Potential customers tend to research and make purchase decisions based on what they see online, so showcasing your work and the team behind it can build trust and increase the likelihood of being chosen over competitors. This can lead to a consistent flow of prospects and keep your phone ringing consistently throughout the year.
2. Gain a competitive advantage and reduce the need to compete on price
Gaining the prospective customer’s trust is one of the keys to establishing the comfort level needed to close the sale. By focusing on providing value to your customers, you can differentiate yourself from the competition. By establishing yourself as a top player in your field, you’ll gain a competitive advantage over others. And, you won’t have to worry as much about price wars because customers will be willing to pay a premium for your high-quality work.
3. Prime your prospects to save you time and help you close more deals
By providing valuable information to your prospective customers before they contact you, you can establish trust and increase their comfort level with your business. This can save you time in the sales process and help you close more deals, as they are more likely to choose you as their deck builder without needing as much convincing.
4. Steady income to reinvest into the business and yourself
A consistent revenue stream can reduce stress and uncertainty. By having a steady flow of projects and income, you can focus on growing your business, hiring more employees, paying yourself more or taking that well-deserved vacation.
5. Build stronger relationships to boost referrals
Increasing your communication touch points by sending friendly and useful information everywhere online, on your website and confirmation pages, through automated text messages & emails. Start before they even become a lead and continue after their project is complete to level up your customer experience. This approach shows that you value their business and can increase the chances of getting even more referrals.
So what steps should you take now?
How do you know if you are moving in the right direction with your marketing? Follow these simple steps:
- Ask your customers for feedback: Find out if they understand your brand and what sets you apart from competitors.
- Evaluate your website and online reviews: Check how you compare to competitors, make sure your online reviews have good ratings, and ensure your website provides the information a potential customer needs before investing in a new deck.
- Check your social media: Ensure your posts are professional and unique to your brand. Highlight your signature deck project and promote your company culture.
- Review your marketing materials: Ensure everything from your shirts to your truck wraps, yard signs, print materials, and online presence are cohesive and reinforce your brand.
- Get a second opinion: Ask a trusted friend, family member, or colleague for their honest opinion.
- Create an action plan: Take your analysis and devise an action plan. Don’t try to bite off more than you can chew. Map things out into small chunks based on effort and investment. As a fellow business owner, I always aim to find ways to save time so that I can focus on the critical tasks that only I, as the head of the company, can accomplish. Remember that delegation is vital – you are a deck builder, not a web designer!
So there you have it – I hope you feel equipped with the mindset and steps to start moving in the right direction with your marketing to have the business you deserve. Marketing is only one piece of the puzzle, but it can be the difference between a struggling business and a thriving one. And you don’t want to be unknown.
Make your brand more visible and stand out from the competition so you get more and better customers. This will help you grow your business in a sustainable way, saving you time, making you more money, and helping you worry less. So, take a deep breath, and start thinking about how you can incorporate marketing into your business strategy today!
Until next time… keep moving forward.